Sunday, April 26, 2015

Second CQJP block finished

Finally I finished the february block for the CQJP2015, once again a 12 inch block with an antique Dutch cigarette silk in the middle.
Although, knowing myself, I will probably add more in a later stadium....
Still have to get used to work with these colors, they are a bit to "sweet" for me.....but as you know I always do love a challenge!
I seem to have this problem often when starting with a new color scheme.
I have to make 5 of these big 12 inch blocks for this quilt, the others will all have different sizes.

Also an update on our little Ruby, she is 10 months old now and growing very fast. Sweet and naughty and very playful!
Here a picture of her taken this weekend in Belgium, in the door of our mobile home.


             And one I took last week in our garden......



She is gonna be one big labrador!


5 comments:

Suztats said...

Ruby is beautiful! and your block is very pretty.

Renee said...

Wilma, what a beautiful block! The Dutch cigarette silk is lovely and your seam work is just amazing!

Bear said...

Wilma love this block, wow I believe you are so talented n you have really made a very pretty block with these bright colours. Amazing! N Ruby is surely going to be a very big girl but shes such a beauty herself. Thank you I am amazed hoe the blocks colours blend together!
Hugs Belinda xo

Lorraine said...

Ruby has certainly grown - labs have such lovely dispositions. Your cq block looks fabulous - lovely stitching.

traderslostart said...

I am not sure if I love your blocks, or your Ruby more. It is tough to decide.
They are all first rate !!! The steampunk blocks are wonderful.
I haven't done any steampunk yet. You were brave to jump right in.
Your new crazy quilt block is awesome. The silk looks like it was made for
the fabric colors.
Always enjoy your work and your blog.
God Bless you.
Sondra