Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Work In Progress Wednesday-a day early.....


The first block for the CQJP 2014 is finished at last!
Must say that I finally like working with these colors, now the block is finished it looks really vivid!
 I am now working on a corner block, it is a fan block and  almost finished so I hope to show that next week! 
Everyday this week I have been trying to work some time on my shabby chic fabric book, I have finished the cover, here a picture of the front:


and the backside......

Last year I bought a whole box full of vintage and antique laces in France and I can make good use of them for this fabric book. It is much fun to search for and make combinations of fabrics, lace, trims, doilies and motifs, there are so many possibilities. 
The "fleur de lis" I found
in my friend Cathy's Etsy shop.

Now I can start working on the inside pages........

8 comments:

Annet said...

Je blok met de pauw is prachtig geworden. En je shabby shic book, helemaal geweldig! Ik kijk uit naar de pagina's in dit boek.

Tina said...

Just lovely Wilma, you do such wonderful crazy quilting.

Createology said...

Gorgeous CQ. Your lacilious book is stunning. Creative Stitching Bliss...

Pamela said...

Beautiful block. Who is the woman on the cover of the lace book?

Queeniepatch said...

Your block is really like a jewel, and the stitches are so NEAT and even. Great work!

Lorraine said...

Your block turned out beautifully Wilma as did your lace book cover...

Tami Hacker said...

Your fabric book is lovely!

Janny de Roo said...

Dit moet ik echt in de gaten houden, wat een prachtig werk, ben ook benieuwd naar de "pages"